Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Update From SaraJane

 Greetings from SJ

I made it to Detroit on Thursday 8/22/13 after 28 hours of traveling (which seemed really fast as I passed through all the towns and parks we had camped in). Spent the past few days on the Island getting ready for a garage sale of all my extra stuff. Carrying my own weight for the past few months has given me a new perspective on possessions. I'm not down to the "100 thing challenge"...yet, but this is a really good start

My muscles miss riding everyday--not being a very athletic person, I was not prepared for this. Pete and I are on our way to the bike shop now to double check that he was put back together correctly. My dad and I had an extra piece when we were done --never a good sign. Hopefully I'll be back on the saddle tonight, but in the meantime I've been enjoying my other helmet and switched from pedaling to paddling

In the next few weeks I'll be on my way to visit Cleveland to celebrate a friend being sworn in as a United States citizen, then an Imagine Dragons concert with my sisters (WOOT!), before I head north to Song of the Morning Yoga Ranch to do another stint as work exchange

Peace love and bikes

No comments:

Post a Comment